Effective February 1, 2015
Marijuana Media (“MM” or “we”) recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of information provided to us. We provide this notice in order to make sure that your expectations and our practices are aligned and that you are aware of your choices with regard to our use and disclosure of the information you provide to us. Accordingly, we comply with all federal and state privacy laws, the CAN-SPAM act and follow industry best practices to best serve our community. We consider all subscribers, customers, members, web visitors, registrants, conference attendees and speakers part of the Marijuana Media community. The following guidelines have been created to demonstrate our commitment to your privacy.
Our contact information:
The information we collect is gathered from several sources. These include our conferences, product subscription forms/registrations, website message postings, survey information and purchases via telephone, direct mail, email, and other electronic sources. From these sources we may collect postal addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, and/or demographic information for those individuals that volunteer such information. For each visitor to our websites, our web server automatically recognizes the visitor’s domain name and IP address in addition to information on what web pages visitors’ access or visit.
We use Google Analytics remarketing, display network reporting, and analytics demographics and interest reporting. Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for display advertising and customize Google display network ads using the Ads Settings. You may also opt-out of additional data collection via the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. We use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites across the Internet. We and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies and third-party cookies to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to your website.
How We Use Collected Information
The information we collect is used to improve the content of our web pages, to customize the content and layout of our pages for each individual visitor, and/or to notify visitors about updates to our website. As part of a subscription and/or registration agreement, subscribers and registrants will be contacted by us through mail, e-mail, and/or phone to communicate with them about their subscription and/or registration. They will be contacted for renewal, re-qualification, surveys, updates concerning their account profile and special offers related to their subscription and/or registration. We also use the information to contact them for marketing purposes and share this information with other reputable organizations to allow them to contact our subscribers and registrants. We never share individual contact information about our members with advertisers or third party vendors unless otherwise specified when the information is collected. Certain promotions or events (White Papers, Expo Registration, etc.) may necessitate the sharing of Personally Identifiable Information with reputable 3rdParty vendors. We will always notify you at time of registration when these instances occur. Certain information — such as your password and credit card number — is never disclosed in any form whatsoever to any outside party.
If you have registered for our products and/or services, and have supplied an e-mail address, you will receive emails pertaining to your subscription and/or registration. These are sent in order to maintain your account with Marijuana Media. You can “opt-out” from receiving these types of e-mails by using the opt-out mechanism located within a received e-mail message. It will take up to 10 business days to process your e-mail opt-out request.
If you volunteer a postal address, you may receive periodic mailings to relate information about new products, services, and/or upcoming events. We may also provide this information to other carefully selected outside companies for promotional purposes. If you do not wish to receive mailings from us directly or through our partnerships with other companies, please let us know by contacting us at the above telephone number, postal or email address.
It will take up to 3 months to process your do-not-mail request. Please note that you may receive additional communications from us or other companies after submitting your request if your postal address was selected from our database just prior to receiving and processing your request.
If you volunteer a telephone number you may receive periodic telephone calls about new products, services, and/or upcoming events. We may also provide this information to carefully selected outside companies for promotional purposes. If you do not wish to receive telephone calls from us directly or through our partnerships with other companies, please let us know by contacting us at the above telephone number, postal or email address.
It will take up to 1 month to process your do-not-call request. Please note that you may receive additional communications from us or other companies after submitting your request if your telephone number was selected from our database just prior to receiving and processing your request.
If you volunteer a fax number you may receive promotional faxes on a very limited basis. Only those with whom we have an existing business relationship (such as an established subscription or registration) will receive such faxes. If you do not wish to receive such faxes, please let us know by contacting us at the above telephone number, postal or email address. It will take up to 1 month to process your do-not-fax request. Please note that you may receive additional communications from us after submitting your request if your fax number was selected from our database just prior to receiving and processing your request.
Accessing/Correcting/Updating Personal Information
You may view and update information that you previously submitted to Marijuana Media by sending us an e-mail through the e-mail link provided above or writing to us at the above address. This information can be corrected by sending us an e-mail through the e-mail link provided above or writing to us at the above address. Current subscribers and registrants can also access and change their information through our websites by selecting the appropriate link on the website where their current subscription/registration resides. A request to change information may not be accommodated if the request would conflict with legal requirements or result in incorrect information. Requests to view or change personal information may take a few days to process.
We also use third-party advertising companies to serve ads to visitors on our websites. These companies may use information (not including visitors’ names, addresses, email addresses, or telephone numbers) about visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to visitors. For more information about this practice and choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here. To learn more about behavioral advertising practices or to opt-out of this type of advertising for some companies, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org and http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
Marijuana Media takes every precaution to protect your information from unauthorized use. When you submit sensitive information via our websites, the information is protected both online and offline.
Children should always get permission from their parents before sending any information about themselves (such as their names, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers) over the Internet, to us or to anyone else. We won’t knowingly allow anyone under 13 to register with us or to provide any other personal information. If you’re under 13, please do not provide us with any personal information about yourself (such as your name, your e-mail address or your phone number).
Disclaimer and Warranties
Nothing on this site is provided as legal, medical, accounting, or any other type of professional advice for any individual’s particular circumstances. Viewing any content does not diminish the need to hire professional assistance. By viewing a video or reading this website, you are in no way entering into a professional relationship (attorney / client, doctor / patient, etc.) While Marijuana Media uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information on the sites, MM makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. MM assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the site. Certain linked web sites are not under the control of MM, and MM is not responsible for the content of any third party linked site, or of any other links contained in such third party site. MM provides links for your convenience only, and the inclusion of any link is not an endorsement by MM of the site or its contents.
The materials on, or accessible from, the site is provide “as is” and “as available” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. In no event will Marijuana Media be liable to you for damages of any kind including without limitation any direct, special, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages resulting from or in connection with the sites, their content, or any errors or omissions in their technical operation or content, even if Marijuana Media has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Marijuana Media Inc. presents material on this website without making any warranty, expressed or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, or assuming any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information apparatus, product or service disclosed, or representing that its use would not infringe privately owned rights.
Marijuana Media publishes contributed content from serious, authentic voices and companies from across the wide spectrum of participants and stakeholders in the marijuana industry. We welcome your submission of content suitable for our professional community. We will review what you submit and may publish it.
Thanks for considering Marijuana Media as an outlet for your work. We aim to provide a responsive publishing vehicle for thoughtful work to enable it to quickly reach the broad community of marijuana business stakeholders. We depend on the high quality of contributed content from motivated and expert professionals.
For submissions of all work and items: if you agree with the provisions on this page, submit through this link or the one below (please see the checklist below for items to include). If you do not agree, please don’t submit anything.
- We will consider your submission for publication in the Dizpenz Newsletter or on Marijuana Media’s website, as we determine appropriate.
- DO NOT SEND US DRAFTS FOR COMMENT. If your draft is “good enough” it may get published as is. We don’t want that to be a bad surprise.
- You understand and accept the fact that your work will be exposed to a broad, spirited, and opinionated audience that will have no hesitation at all about making public their high praise or scathing criticism of your work; likely some of both.
- You represent and warrant that you are the trademark, patent, or copyright holder, or are otherwise duly authorized to act irrevocably on behalf of the trademark, patent, or copyright holder(s). For non-trademarked and non-patented companies, you represent and warrant that you are entitled to submit information for publication on the company’s behalf.
- You understand and agree that, if your work is accepted for publication, we will almost certainly publish it under a Creative Commons license that provides for some permissive uses of your work. Hint: that’s not the route you want to go if you are in this for the money.
- You retain copyright and are free to use your work or derivatives as you desire. If published on Marijuana Media’s website, we would appreciate you recognizing first publication in any future citations.
- Authors, by submitting their content, also consent to republication of their article or essay in topical Anthologies in print and electronic format.
- For submissions to Dizpenz, the Marijuana Retailer newsletter, you agree that we may highlight your company in one of two sections: “Ideas that Rock” or “List of Shame”. By submitting information to us for Dizpenz newsletter, about your company, you agree that we may publish this in either section without restrictions. If you do not agree, please do not submit your work.
If you agree with all that stuff, then submit your work for publication. Be sure to include:
- The original work in a format we can use. Do not send attachments.
- Your Byline as you would like it and a few sentences as you would like it to appear.
- Any additional contact info besides your current email (for us, not for publication). In particular, a permanent email address if you have one.
- For items that reference documents available online, please use embedded hyperlinks to the maximum extent possible.
- If you have a Twitter account or a Facebook page that you will use to publicize the piece, please include that information so we can include your tags when we announce the piece via Twitter and Facebook.
- You agree with the provisions on this page, including:
- You are able to grant us rights to publish what you submit. (4)
- You grant us those rights stated. (5-7)
- It is READY TO GO (2-3), it’s good, you know it, and you’re thick-skinned. (8)
- You’ve included the right stuff
- Submit your original content or company description via this link. Note this constitutes acceptance of the terms on this page.
If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, please contact us through the above postal address, e-mail link, or phone number.